Please call for more information
Terms and Cancellations
Thank you for your interest in our services.
1. After booking an appointment with Mrs Badvie, please report to the hospital reception on the day of the appointment. If it is your first visit to that hospital location, please arrive 10 minutes early in order to complete the required registration forms at reception.
2. You must provide us with at least 2 weekdays of notice (Monday-Friday) if you wish to cancel or re-schedule your appointment, so that we have the opportunity to offer your slot to other patients. Late changes with less notice than this will lead to you being invoiced directly (not your insurer) for 50% of our specialist fee.
3. Our self-pay fees for our 25 minute appointments are:
Initial consultation: £250
Follow-up consultation: £170
Where extra time is required for translation, the consultation time and fee will both be increased by 50%
Rigid sigmoidoscopy if appropriate (camera test during the appointment to examine the rectum) – £110*
Proctoscopy if appropriate (camera test during the appointment to examine the anal canal) – £70*
* Please note that the hospital will charge an equipment fee (which is separate to our specialist fees above); details of equipment fees can be requested directly from each hospital.
4. We reserve the right to ask you to find another specialist if you do not pay our invoices in a timely manner. Reminding individuals to pay their invoices takes valuable time away from attending to our patients. Delays in payment will not be deemed acceptable.
5. If you are insured, please contact your insurer to discuss your policy cover, excess if applicable and any individual limitations. Please be aware that you are responsible for any fees not covered by your insurer.
6. Please note that invoices from Mrs Badvie’s office relate to her specialist fees only. If a procedure or operation is recommended, the hospital will provide you with their quote for facilities and services.
7. We are legally obliged to tell you if we have any financial conflicts of interest in hospitals and facilities. Mrs Badvie can confirm that she has no such direct financial interests. She consults for, and declares a financial interest in, branded medical-grade face mask products. A list of all the medical insurers she works with can be found on our website, and you can compare independent information about the quality of treatment offered at private healthcare providers from the Private Healthcare Information Network (PHIN) website www.phin.org.uk.
8. By booking an appointment with us, you confirm your acceptance of our straightforward terms.